Building social media traffic is a lot like a city planner knowing how to efficiently get traffic in and out of a city. If each roadway into a city is a different source of website visitors, your social media traffic should certainly be a pillar to your highway infrastructure.
Getting people to your website through social media engagement can be tricky, especially if you’re on a limited budget and already attempting paid advertising. While paid social can certainly help boost your website traffic, how do you get people to go to your social channels?
As we all know, social media has the ability to be a major source of traffic to your site. The larger presence you build on social media, the more you can rely on steady social media traffic to your site.
How Do You Increase Social Media Traffic?Increasing your social media traffic happens when you engage and build relationships on each network. Being readily available for customers, brand loyalists and potential buyers it helps you nurture these people through the purchasing process.
Each social network is different, but to get an immediate boost in your social traffic, there are some steadfast rules to follow for all your social channels. Remember that your content says everything about your brand, so make sure your blog posts, case studies or infographics go above and beyond to make the social sharing aspect greater.
To get your social media traffic rolling, follow these steps to get people to your social channels and ultimately to your website:
Inspire Your Audience With VisualsFirst impressions are essential. We always say “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” but more times than not, visuals help us make decisions. In fact, Adobe’s Q4 2013 Index showed social media posts with images create 650% more engagement than text posts.
Expand Your Reach With HashtagsYou must’ve seen people use different hashtags with their social media posts and updates. Hashtags expand the reach of your posts beyond your immediate followers and help you reach new audiences. At the same time, they help you create social media discussions, chats and trends that can be used for wide ranging purposes.
Using 1 or 2 hashtags per post can significantly increase the effectiveness of your social media content and help you drive more traffic and conversions. Here’s a quick look at the optimal hashtag usage stats for the top social networks.
- Tweets with hashtags attract 2x more engagement (retweets, favorites, replies)
- There’s 21% more engagement on Tweets with 1 to 2 hashtags.
- If you increase the number of hashtags more than 2, the engagement levels fall by an average of 17%.
- Almost 40% of Tweets with hashtags get Retweeted.
- Hashtags were not very effective when Facebook first started, but in the last couple of years hashtags have been an effective source of traffic and exposure.
- Using 1-2 hashtags per post can get you an average of 593 interactions per post.
- But if you increase the number of hashtags to 3-5, the average interactions fall down to 416 per post.
- From its early days, Google+ has encouraged the use of hashtags.
- Hashtags are automatically added to your posts based on the content but you can edit hashtags as well.
- Google+ also shows a list of related hashtags that can be used to gauge the interests of your audience.
Create Share Worthy Blog ContentYour social media engagement and conversion rates have a lot to do with the kind of blog content you create. If the quality of your content is low, then most of your optimization techniques will be ineffective.
In general, social media users prefer highly actionable and interesting content written in a fun way. Your headlines matter a lot as well. Just look at some of the headlines of Buzzfeed articles. Their articles and updates attract thousands of social shares every day because of their headlines and innovative content ideas. You can find some great blogging ideas in this post, or you can use MyBlogU to brainstorm new blogging ideas with other bloggers, create share worthy posts like interviews, and even hire quality freelance writers to help you create viral content.
Use a Social Media Friendly Website StructureJust like your content quality, the structure of your website also has a direct impact on the number of shares and social media followers you manage to attract. Most of the times, visitors find you either through your social media updates or from Google search results. You need to have a website structure that encourages these visitors to share your content and follow you social media.
Here are few things you can do to achieve this
- Enable Twitter Cards: Twitter cards display additional information about your links, blog posts or products. Thy also increase the engagement levels on your Tweets.
- Use Facebook Open Graph: Add the Open Graph meta-tags to your blog so that your featured image is always displayed. You can find detailed instructions on using Open Graph in this post.
- Add Social Media Sharing Widget: I recommend using AddThis or DiggDigg to add social media sharing and follow widgets.
Continuously Engage With Your AudienceKeeping your audience engaged is one of the most important aspects of social media management.
This means too much self promotion and not enough engagement. Before you shrug off talking to your audience, consider this:
- 1 in 3 people go to competitors when ignored on social
- 34% of people choose social media as their top choice for customer care
- An average of 957 messages in Q1 2016 require a response (up 18% from Q1 2015)
- Only 11% of people receive replies from brands
Wrapping it UpDriving conversions and traffic from social media requires a combination of tweaks to your posts, and some structural changes to your website and blog. At the same time, you need to keep a close eye on your social media stats to understand which content is performing well and how you can leverage it to increase your overall social media engagement. If you can get this combination right, you can create sustainable stream of high converting social media traffic to your blog or website.
One Last thing you can buy some social media Booster Service for a while to get Fresh Start. After that it will be more easy for you. For That we are Here to help you Check out our Social media services.